1. Living carfree is very easy to do, but not convenient.
2. Cigarettes butts are all over the streets.
3. People pick their noses, a lot, in their cars, especially in morning rush hour
4. Bananas and raw nuts are good energy food.
5. There are a lot of stupid cyclists, pedestrians, and drivers on the roads; it is not surprising they hit each other.
6. More people smoke pot in their car than you would think.
7. Rain sucks, but thunderstorms are cool.
8. Wind makes me look at my “inner self.”
9. By living car-free, I am not any better than anyone else in this country.
10. Riding too much in the saddle makes my under side will get numb.
11. I am lucky to be alive.
12. Ice is really slippery.
13. Yeast infections happen to men too if they sweat a lot and do not change their shorts.
14. Losing weight can happen I eat less calories than I take in.
15. Everyday feels like I am on vacation.
16. Full moon night riding is very groovy.
17. I can drink and ride a bike at the same time…water or wine.
18. People who travel by foot or bicycle tend to be poetic and philosophical in their thinking.
19. I do not have to have a car to live…at least as a single person.
20. There is no place I cannot get to by walking or bicycle as long as I have time.
21. People in poorer neighborhoods tend to be friendlier to a cyclist as the bicycle itself is essentially a “classless” way to travel.
22. I do not need any special clothes, pedals, gear to commute, or take long rides on my bicycle.
23. Blinking lights are very important when riding at night.
24. Not all people should ride a bike for transportation.
25. Most people are friendly.
26. Bicycling is good for my health: Physically, mentally, financially, environmentally, and my community.
27. My favorite music for long rides (I don’t listen while I bike, but I hear it in my head…and sing it outloud) is : Bob Dylan, Stones, Beatles, Cat Stevens, Van Morrison, Frank Sinatra, Bob Seger, Eagles.
28. I love seeing wildlife, but hate seeing roadkill.
29. Helmets are important, but not always needed.
30. I always have fun.
Tell me some of yours!