Friday, June 4, 2010

through carfree eyes- pictures of summer days

Mother and kids heading to the store on a summer day. I love seeing more and more families biking together like this, either for fun or for utility-gathering groceries or running errands. Well done parents!

A mother teaching her daughter how she can carry groceries in her basket. I love that basket. Bravo!


This is my friend Tom, I met Tom on the Greenway trails 10 years ago. He and his wife are artists. Tom rides an 20+ year old Fuji for transportation and fun. The use to live in Woodstock, NY. They also feed Ferrel cats that live along the creeks. And they get them fixed, and find homes for them when they can. Good people.

Sarah on a grocery run. She bikes to work also. I met Sarah in the PV Star Bucks a few years ago. I noticed her commuting to work a couple of years ago. She uses those two rear baskets for groceries or to carry work material. She rides a comfort bike. I think that is so cool!


Little boy riding his bike to the grocery store. He rode down with his mom and sister.

Lunch with my friend Kate at Loose Park. Hard to beat a picnic on a perfect summer day. Kate works for the Brain Injury Association of Great Kansas City-they give out bike helmets to kid and adults who would otherwise not have them! Thanks Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment